Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"What can you eat???"

 I have been hearing this alot as I have been talking to people about this Anti Candida Diet that I am on. That was my first question as well when I first started researching this out and actually decided that I was going to do the ACD. So I immediately went and bought 3 specialized cookbooks, but over the 2 1/2 weeks that I've been doing this I've used maybe 3 recipes out of those books. There are actually better recipes and ideas on Pinterest and other random ACD blogs then I have found in those cookbooks that I bought.
 Here is what our menu looks like for this week.

Breakfast
  • eggs scrambled with spring greens, pumpkin muffins
  • soaked cracked buckwheat cereal
  • soaked buckwheat pancakes
  • soaked oatmeal with chia seeds and almonds
  • heuvos rancheros
Lunch
  • tuna salad on toasted millet bread
  • rice, black beans and pepper stir-fry
  • leftovers
Dinner
  • fish, stir-fried sweet peas and potates (sweet for me, white for the boys)
  • chicken fajita's with rice and black beans
  • venison stir-fry
  • venison steak with roasted vegetables
 See you really can eat normal food while doing the ACD. You just have to think about it and plan a little bit more. I'm sure after a while it will just become a normal part of life. You also shouldn't think about all the choclatey, ooey, gooey-ness that you are missing when your husband eats warm brownies with cool whip on them. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment