Monday, March 12, 2012

"For you formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother's womb. I PRAISE YOU, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes so my unformed substance; in Your book were written every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them. How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with You..... Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!"  Paslm 139:13-18,23
  I have been thinking about these verses quite a bit the past few days and they have been very comforting to me with my hysteroscopy coming up this week. God was right there with me when I was being formed, he knit me together, He knows EVERYTHING about every single cell in my body. I was formed with a uterine septum on purpose. God always has a plan for everything in my life, this was not a mistake.
  I have been getting nervous about this surgery but I have also been trying to give those worries to God as I'm commanded to.  "The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."  Phillipians 4:5b-7  I am not to worry, I'm to trust and give thanks. And only when I trust will His peace come over me. Trusting is hard but I would much rather have peace then anxiety attacks. And if God has told me that he will carry my burdens, why should I try to take them back? Also, who am I to say how I should or shouldn't have been formed? "Oh, the depths of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgements and how inscrutable His ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been His counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid? For from Him and to Him are all things. TO HIM BE GLORY FOREVER. AMEN." Romans 11:33-36 When I look back I want to be able to say that I have been praising God throughout this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment