Thursday, March 22, 2012

Learning to be Content

One of the things any one of my friends or family can tell you is that I LOVE babies!!! I think it only took two or three months after Seth was born for me to start thinking about the next baby, things I would change during pregnancy, how the next delivery was going to go, etc. And as I was doing my Bible study for CBS this week I realized I have wasted so much time thinking about this. How many months of Seth's life have I wasted looking forward to the next child and not just enjoying him? It makes me sad to think about it.
 Yesterday I had my post-op visit with the doctor who did my hysteroscopy. We were talking about when I would be able to get pregnant again and he said that he would prefer that we wait at least 3 months after I finish the 30 day estrogen pill that I'm on. At first I was disappointed, now I'm really happy. I'm looking forward to these last few months that I have with Seth, with our little family of three. Just us in our little house.
 Hopefully this summer I will learn the secret of being content. I should know this by now, but I have a thick head sometimes. :-P I want to be able to say this at the end of my life and mean it.
 "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what is is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11b-13
 So this summer one of my goals is to have as many special moments with Ben and Seth as I can and enjoy our time as a family of three. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, 4 months isn't that far away, girl! Btw, glad you're blogging now. :)

    ReplyDelete