Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Muddy Memories



Last Saturday Ben and I completed our second Warrior Dash. The. BEST. Race. EVER! I was happy with myself, I took the camera and actually used it. :-)

This was the only picture I could get of the course and you really can't tell much from it. We ran about 1.5 miles before the obstacles started. There were 10 or 11 obstacles if I'm remembering correctly. Some water obstacles which were really, really hard and gave me really pretty bruises up and down both shins,  lots of climbing obstacles, some with barbed wire and mud pit, fire lines to jump over and a "spider web."



You can't really see how dirty we are here, but there is mud/dirt everywhere. Ben had a white shirt on and when I was looking for him at the finish line (yes, he finished before me) I couldn't find him because his shirt was grey.




We celebrated with this huge turkey leg. :-)




Now I'm wondering why I can't find the enthusiasm to conquer my own small obstacles at home, namely the laundry basket full of clean laundry that needs to be folded and the towel full of clean dishes to put away and sink full of dirty dishes to wash. Maybe if I added a mud pit and barbed wire... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment